On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 03:43:40 +0900, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 2/24/11 11:57 AM, Masahiro Nakagawa wrote:
3 weeks ago, I discussed template engine with Goro Fuji(a.k.a Xslate
author).
In the process, I noticed D does not have template engine library.
So I wrote the D version of Mustache.

https://bitbucket.org/repeatedly/mustache4d/src

Mustache is a logic-less template.

http://mustache.github.com/

Implementing this library was nice for a change.

P.S.

I don't test on Windows and 64bit Linux...

Masahiro

String templates, nice! This would help a lot with generating e.g.
dynamic web pages.

Thanks!

How does it compare to Terence Parr's StringTemplate engine?

I never used StringTemplate, so I can't compare Mustache with StringTemplate correctly.
StringTemplate seems to be standard template that has many features, but
I did not mostly use such features in Ruby.

I think Mustache features enough to use general cases(ctemplate is a good example too). Logic-less approach is safety and makes template file more simple, but it is trade-off.
In a subjective answer, I like "{{#list}}" than "$foreach n in names$".

Of course, I think we need StringTemplate-like library for complex cases.

Masahiro