Am 10.07.2011 12:19, schrieb Walter Bright:
On 7/10/2011 1:02 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
Development, and particularly compilation, is a different matter. The
introduction of the ability to import from a non-local Git, Mercurial or
Bazaar repository embeds the assumption of permanent connectivity of the
developer's machine to the Internet.

That'd cut my productivity in half. My internet connection frequently
goes down for a minute to 5 minutes. Cloud applications are just not
feasible.

There have been suggestions to add something like this to dmd.
imports from URLs or something like that - because its faster than having a build tool do this (try to build - realize that dependency is missing from DMDs error message - download dependency from central repository - try to build again ...)

Cheers,
- Daniel