On 01/14/2012 11:04 PM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:
On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 21:07, Andrei Alexandrescu
<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org>  wrote:
On 1/14/12 5:21 AM, Philippe Sigaud wrote:

Uh, I don't think it'll ever be a book. I didn't write it with a book in
mind.

It's organized as a book (TOC, index, structure) and has 141 pages with
quite a few more to come. At this point it would be more difficult to make
it /not/ a book.

Fair point :)

In my mind, a book is at least 300 pages and, well, professionally
done. I can see Walter's point about ebook though.

Maybe you should check out the original K&R C book. (The pre-ANSI, original edition.)

It is arguably the most referenced single book in the history of programming languages, and from its reputation (at least I) assumed it to be more than 1000 pages. It is 176 pages, excluding the appendix. And it reads like something the guys wrote for their colleagues, not for a Book Publisher.

From my own writing, I know that the mere thought of writing a book adds an unnecessary burden. So don't. :-)