Greate news. DMD has a bug:

dmd -inline -release -O -lib -ofyaml.lib yaml.d

compile fine, but:

dmd -noboundscheck -inline -release -O -lib -ofyaml.lib yaml.d

emit errors.

Was it a DMD bug, or did it actually compile and cause errors when running?
I wasn't able to reproduce it, but I'm on Linux.

If it's a DMD/Windows bug, it can't do much about it (although maybe 2.058 will help?)

Or are you actually trying to compile D:YAML with that command?
Use the CDC script in the source to do that (see the getting started tutorial for detailed info):

./cdc.d release

That compiles the release build , which includes -O, -inline, -release and -noboundscheck .