On 9/29/2012 9:08 AM, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
What needs to be taken into account is that D will inevitably be able
to link with many C++ libraries, some of which will have exceptions
turned on. We now have SWIG with good but limited support of C++
wrapping, dstep will probably get C++ support, and my own (unreleased)
dgen is a C++ wrapper generator too (it's starting to show signs of
life, so far 2 C++ libraries were successfully automatically wrapped,
pugixml and taglib).

Also, consider that in C++ you can throw any type, such as an int. There is no credible way to make this work reasonably in D, as exceptions are all derived from Exception.