On Monday, October 01, 2012 19:14:45 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-10-01 14:30, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> > Haxe can throw anything, too. I've always found it borderline useless,
> > and frequently a pain.
>
> I find it quite annoying to have to create new classes for exceptions
> all the time. And since D constructors aren't inherited I need to also
> create a constructor that just forwards to the base class. Just useless
> boilerplate code.

If you really need to declare new exception types all that often, I'd be
inclined to think that you're creating a lot of needless exception types. But
even if that's not the case and you really need many, new exception types with
no extra member variables, it's trivial to create a mixin for doing that,
though you don't get any ddoc if you do that.

- Jonathan M Davis