On 11/15/2012 12:22 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2012-11-14 22:13, Walter Bright wrote:

I am having a REALLY hard time making my point here.

struct MyString
{
      string s;
}
Just because it is not a builtin type does not change anything.

Sure you _can_ but it would be quite stupid. With user defined types there is at
least some context. With a plain string (or any built in type) it can come from
any where and mean anything.

The difference is, with a user defined type you know the meaning of the
attribute, with a built in type you do not, not in the same way at least.

The whole point of my example was no, you do not necessarily know the meaning of a user-defined type that is used as an attribute.