On 2012-11-16 11:41, Walter Bright wrote:

Sure you _can_ but it would be quite stupid. With user defined types
there is at
least some context. With a plain string (or any built in type) it can
come from
any where and mean anything.

The difference is, with a user defined type you know the meaning of the
attribute, with a built in type you do not, not in the same way at least.

The whole point of my example was no, you do not necessarily know the
meaning of a user-defined type that is used as an attribute.

i don't know what to say anymore. I can only repeat what I've already said. This conversion has clearly gone into circles.

--
/Jacob Carlborg