On 1/2/2013 10:17 AM, Russel Winder wrote:
On Wed, 2013-01-02 at 10:07 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:
[…]
Yeah, really. sudo apt-get ruby fails on Ubuntu 10.10.

Any and all apt-related commands are likely to fail for that version of
Ubuntu, it is no longer supported.  Definitely need to stick with LTS
version of Ubuntu or keep up to date, should be on 12.10 by now.

I've been avoiding upgrading Ubuntu, because the last time I did that the installer trashed everything. Lost a day on that one.

P.S. The Mac is the only machine I've ever been able to upgrade the operating system on that worked without trashing everything and forcing a reinstall from scratch.