Last time I was performance testing vibe it was almost 4x faster than node.js and 1.5 faster than similar Erlang framework (can't remember its name now). Plus all static typing and sane async syntax goodies as a cherry on top. Was enough to convince me, but other language lovers will probably need more arguments :)