On 2013-02-11 20:08, FG wrote:
Great project -- a flagship example of D's real world application!

On 2013-02-11 19:11, Ali Çehreli wrote:
same code as Python, translated to D. Of course, the solution that use
vibe.d
does not have Python's infamous GIL; instead, it comes with
parallelism and
concurrency out of the box. And you are aware of typos in your code
even before
running your program. ;)

Running worker processes can make the GIL problem a little less of a
PITA, but having the typos pointed out before running the app... is just
priceless. :)

I'm struggling with the temptation to move a Python website to vibe.d.
What keeps me from doing that are Django templates. Not even because
vibe's templates have to be recompiled each time some small markup
change is introduced -- I got used to that with LaTeX ;) -- but because
of Jade. It's way too far off course from HTML for my tastes. I see no
reason for inventing a completely new format when all you need is
templating.

So let me use this opportunity to ask you: is somebody working on other
template systems for vibe.d already or shall I get involved myself? I'm
thinking about something similar to this, syntax-wise:
http://jinja.pocoo.org/

I like Haml, it's similar to Jade but without the pipes for the plain text.

What about plain HTML, like Ruby (Erb) or PHP uses.

--
/Jacob Carlborg