On Friday, 26 April 2013 at 20:16:15 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
Am 26.04.2013 21:37, schrieb alex:

I want to inform you that Mono-D v0.5.2.4 can open Dub projects natively now - no need for creating .dproj files explicitly anymore, just opening
package.json is required in order to have the project there.
It also handles include paths in the most common cases.

Cool! I'll try that out tomorrow. Do you execute the "dub" binary to generate a project file or do you parse the "package.json" directly? If it helps, it would be relatively easy to add a mode where all build settings for the project, including all of its dependencies, are output
to stdout as JSON.

It parses the package.json directly, no .sln or .dproj is generated. It runs dub build for building and dub for executing the program -- where do I specify run arguments btw?

Btw, what about nested dependencies? How are they handled in dub? Are
all sub-packages in the .dub folder read for further dependency
information?

Yes, the ones in ".dub", in the system- and user-wide package folders, as well as any package added with "dub add-local" are scanned for

where is the list of packages added with 'add-local' stored at?

matches recursively and their build settings are merged-in accordingly.

I think I might open up all the dependency projects as well when opening the 'root' package.json - do you think that it's a good idea or just distracting the user from the main project?

Great work though!

Thanks, the same must be said about Mono-D! (which is a lot more
complex, of course)

:-)