On Sat, 01 Jun 2013 13:15:01 -0700, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2013-05-31 14:33, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/1feem1/dconf_2013_day_2_talk_3_from_c_to_d_by_adam_wilson/

A couple of notes on what's missing in D from C#.

There are other libraries besides from Phobos that contains some of the missing functionality.

Tango:

* Several SHA implementations
* Stream based IO
* Modules for manipulating text and Unicode
* Timer/stop watch
* Heap and stack

Source code: https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2
Docs: http://dsource.org/projects/tango/docs/current/

dcollections may contain some collections needed.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/dcollections

Indeed, but since I was comparing to vanilla C# 4.0 and .NET I figured it was only fair to compare to DMD 2.062 and Phobos. Once you start comparing and contrasting third party libraries the scope of the topic quickly balloons in size. The biggest problem I had in putting this talk together was deciding what to cut. I ended up leaving about 60% of my originally planned content on the cutting room floor... I really wanted to give you guys more!

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender