On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 02:34:39 -0700, Jacob Carlborg <d...@me.com> wrote:

On 2013-06-02 00:49, Adam Wilson wrote:

Indeed, but since I was comparing to vanilla C# 4.0 and .NET I figured
it was only fair to compare to DMD 2.062 and Phobos. Once you start
comparing and contrasting third party libraries the scope of the topic
quickly balloons in size. The biggest problem I had in putting this talk
together was deciding what to cut. I ended up leaving about 60% of my
originally planned content on the cutting room floor... I really wanted
to give you guys more!

Yes, sure, for the talk. But if you are actually going to port C# code to D I assume, and hope, you would take a practically approach. That is, using third party libraries if needed and not saying something like "If it's not in Phobos we cannot use it".

In real life I would absolutely use third party libraries where available. I would definitely recommend people do the same. In retrospect I probably should've said something to that effect in the closing of my talk ... So many things I would say differently!

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender