On Thursday, 1 August 2013 at 07:47:25 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Wednesday, 31 July 2013 at 22:58:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Have you ever seen those cards that some "electrical engineers" carry around, with the following equations on them:

   V = I * R
   R = V / I
   I = V / R

?

I found it: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1StlhTYjiUEljnfVtFjP1BXLbixO30DIkbw-DpaYJoA0/edit?hl=en&pli=1

Unbelievable. The author of it writes:

"I'm going to explain to you how to use this cheat sheet in case you've never seen this before."

http://blog.ricardoarturocabral.com/2010/07/electronic-electrical-cheat-sheets.html

Makes you want to cry.
No real electrical engineer would ever use that card, as you connote with your quotes. If they don't have Ohm's law and the resulting algebra drilled into their head, they better find another job. I suspect that chart is for amateurs from other backgrounds who happen to be doing some electrical work.

Screw engineers, *anybody* who doesn't know these laws shouldn't be allowed anywhere *near* electricity :D