On Wednesday, October 16, 2013 22:28:41 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 October 2013 at 20:19:17 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
That's not a what, that's a who. Would you please elaborate on
the what and why? I haven't seen any obstructionism coming
from anyone in terms of repeating the previous style for this
releases notes.

Originally Walter thought it was enough to just list the
bugzilla issues.

Yes, but after Andej did the great changelog for 2.063, Walter publicly
admitted that he had been wrong about the changelog. Andrej showed Walter that
it _is_ worth doing something more than just a list of bugzilla issues. So, I
would assume that whatever Andrej is unhappy with Walter for is something
else.

Oh that was it? I recall Walter and I discussing two unrelated issue (null pointers and VMs) where I sort of reversed my view and admitted I considered my previous opinions wrong. He mentioned the changelog, and said "boy was I wrong about that!"

So Andrej consider yourself vindicated, in public and in private.

Andrei