Am 18.10.2013 20:45, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
Walter and I frequently think of ways to gently steer people toward
working on specific items. Votes, categorization, discussions are of
limited impact. On occasion we've emailed major contributors directly
and asked politely but point blank if they could look into an issue
(sometimes something they had an expertise in, or even an issue they had
caused). The rate of success has been very low. People still love
working on things, just not on the things they're told to.

I think you should continue to do that. Even if it only has a small sucess rate. I for example wouldn't have noticed that the stack trace code I submitted into druntime did cause long startup times for D-Programms that are run directly from the root of a disk drive if Walter wouldn't have send me the e-mail with the bug in it. After the e-mail I even fixed the bug ;-)

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut