On Tuesday, 24 December 2013 at 10:44:56 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 19:48:03 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Sunday, 22 December 2013 at 13:38:22 UTC, extrawurst wrote:
Hello fellow Dlers ;)

about a week ago I released the multiplayer version of my android app STACK4 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Extrawurst.FIR).

The app itself is using the free unity3d engine (C#) for the frontend but, after quite a journey, the backend was developed using D and the awesome vibe.d framework.

While I am preparing a pretty detailed article about why it was a journey to the point of using D and how using D worked out in the end I would ask everyone who has access to an android device to test the app and give me feedback about every kind of problem you may encounter! Cause apparently the ordanary android customer just downloads and throws a 1-star rating at you without telling you why the hell they are disappointed with it :(

Cheers,
Stephan

Haven't tried the multiplayer, but it seems a really cool game. It took an absolute age to load, however.

What exactly took ages ? The download, the loading on startup (unity logo) or the stack4-splashscreen (logo) ?

the unity logo stayed around with a little spinning tracer in the corner for a long time on first load. It seems to not be as slow on subsequent loads.