On Thursday, 27 February 2014 at 22:25:27 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
We can still do #2 without #1. And we don't need google to make it happen. How about trying a practice run despite not having google tossing in the funding?

If someone would want to contribute, what would be the right person to contact, or the right resource to turn to ?

I was looking to fix a (probably simple) bug in DMD but it's quite hard to grok (http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DMDSourceGuide helps but it's a bit outdated). Also, searching contributing in the wiki only yield GDC / LDC links.