On 7/12/14, 4:31 PM, Andrew Edwards via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Saturday, 12 July 2014 at 00:13:47 UTC, David Nadlinger wrote:
For convenience, the list of unresolved issues marked as regressions:
https://issues.dlang.org/buglist.cgi?bug_severity=regression&resolution=---

Seems like there is still quite a way to go until we can release RC1.

David

David, I'm sure you are aware that list will never be empty. The last release
lasted from mid
November to 24 February and that list was never empty once during that entire
time. The only way we
will empty that list is to prevent people from submitting new regressions
during a review.

When I checked the list yesterday the count was at 9: right now it is at 12.
And at least on of
those items on the list has been there since 2011.

The reality is that zero emphasis is place on regressions unless it's time for
a release, and even
then, only a few people pay attention to them. Everyone else just continue on
in their happy world
doing "what's important to them".  You you cannot ask that anyone work on
anything because if it's
not important in their minds, they will not do it. They'd much rather sit
around and biker about how
you did it incorrectly. Which, in my opinion, is a huge wast of time and
resource.

So I have some questions: What is the magic number that will trigger the
release? What happens if we
never reach that number? Do we just continue waiting for it or do we make a
decision at some point
that it's time? If so, how long do we wait? Is there one person who makes the
decision, or is it
decision automatic? If there is a person, who is it?

An important topic, certainly. But not for the announce newsgroup. Please continue this over on the beta list.