On 8/20/2014 6:57 PM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
Am 21.08.2014 00:02, schrieb anonymous:

No, no, "Dlang Dlang Über Alles" is a take on "Deutschland
Deutschland über alles" (Germany Germany over everything), the
first verse of the national anthem as sung in Nazi times.

I was actually worried if the author is German. He's not,
thankfully. He's from Israel. From a German author that would be
an embracement of fascism. Coming from an Israeli, I don't really
know where to put it, probably completely benign.

As a Portuguese living in Germany, I would say not everyone knows that
outside Germany.

Specially the younger generations, they just use it because it sounds cool.

"Über Alles" always just makes me think of Hanzel und Gretyl: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cber_Alles_%28album%29

Gotta love tongue-in-cheek psuedo-German metal ;)