On Monday, 22 September 2014 at 13:23:33 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
My guess is the average for developers is ~8GB. 2GB RAM is really not enough for pretty much anything these days - the browser alone easily
chews 3-4GB on moderate use.

You have to admit that this is ridiculous. I updated to the 64-bit Chrome on Windows when it came out and it is a huge memory hog. Web browsers have grown out of control.