On 10/6/14 12:10 PM, Kiith-Sa wrote:
On Monday, 6 October 2014 at 15:06:04 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On 10/2/14 3:42 AM, Kagamin wrote:
On Thursday, 2 October 2014 at 07:14:35 UTC, Iain Buclaw via
Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
Doesn't Linux Mint provide an upgrade facility for you?

No idea.

I use Linux Mint, I believe I upgraded once *. I don't think it was
complex, just an upgrade through the standard UI for updates.

* Note: I have a bad memory when it comes to things like this :)

Mint always supported upgrades between LTS releases. There were no
upgrades between non-LTS releases, which were basically just
bit-more-stable betas. That's changed now as posted above, Mint 14.04 to
15.10 (and possibly longer) will be seamlessly upgradable release to
release as Mint gradually diverges away from its Ubuntu base. 16.04 may
be a reset, or they may continue to diverge further, or they may move
fully to Debian; but they'll probably still have an upgrade path as it
will be an LTS.

Hm.. I think I had Linux Mint 12, and I upgraded to 13 (not the LTS version).

Maybe it wasn't so seamless, as I said I have a bad memory.

-Steve