On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 15:07:09 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
Yes, if there is too much trivia on the top of the newsletter people might loose interest and miss out on the "Tip of the week", which could be an important channel for "incremental education".

Right. I thought about putting the tip (etc.) sections on the top too, but then I felt pressured to shorten them so the links aren't too far away and that felt wrong.

This week's turned out pretty good though, I'm happy with this length and order

I guess forum summaries are most interesting if there is:

Right. Sometimes that is hard to tell though - long threads have often seemed significant, but ended up going nowhere in the past. But that's also the difference between significant threads and major changes - the threads are just talk, the major changes are based on some concrete step.

If a forum announcement acts as an "official blog news announcement" then a snippet ought to be present on the front page and in the "This Week in D", with a "read more" link?

The subject of announce posts is often pretty good IMO. I haven't felt the need to summarize them much.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I like where you are going with this! :-)

thanks