On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 10:34:50 UTC, amber wrote:
On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 08:31:28 UTC, Namespace wrote:
The most of Dgame is ready, only the tutorials are missing to arrive to the release state. Is there anything you wanted absolutely in Dgame? A module, a tutorial? Since I removed the TileMap tutorial I may want to write an replacement how you could easily built one with Sprites. Any further ideas?

At the end of this month I wanted to participate on "One game a month" (http://www.onegameamonth.com/). Mainly with C++ but I think it would be a good test for Dgame, if I would programm some games with it. And it could be helpfull to get more attention on D.

I think a tutorial on how to do tile map with sprites would be awesome and the one game a month would be a great way to stress test Dgame and find those missing features.
I think so too.

A TileMap with Sprites is pretty simple:
----
class Tile : Sprite {
    // ... more features
}
----
Each Tile is stored on fixed points on the screen and represent the Tile-Image.

But maybe I will implement the old TileMap implementation again. ;)
Let's see.

One feature that I think would be useful is a console to help with development and tweak settings at run time.
That's not possible in the near future. ;) Sorry. But an interesting idea.
Thanks for your work on Dgame. I'm going to switch over to the new version and give it a try :)
Glad to hear that!
bye,
amber