On Wednesday, 8 July 2015 at 22:20:08 UTC, Andy Smith wrote:

Hey.... I didn't really have an equivalent of transients in D, it was more a general statement that there are cases where you can still get functional purity using mutable state rather than adhering to a strict functional approach.

So in much the same way as I 'cheat' slightly by using mutable state in the system, clojure cheats in much the same way using transients for intermediate calculations in an implementation provided that the interface is pure.

I didn't elaborate too much during the talk as *NO-ONE* nodded to say they new clojure so moved swiftly on :-)

Cheers,

A.

Okay, thanks for the reply.