On Tuesday, 27 October 2015 at 15:33:04 UTC, bachmeier wrote:

I've already written dmdinline to go in the other direction. I can reuse the underlying code I wrote for that for the interoperability, so all I have to do is create a C interface to RInside. Actually, that's what I did when I started using D, but I'll have to dig up my old code and polish it to the point that I'd be willing to share it.

Hmm, I wasn't familiar with RInside (and it's several years old at this point). Dirk Eddelbuettel does some cool stuff. In general, I don't really have any sense of how people even get started on projects like this. I appreciate it though.