On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 20:10:37 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 09:20:53 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 November 2015 at 02:33:24 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
Don't be confused. Krugman do not understand bitcoin, but Krugman think that terrorism and riots are good, that the internet will never work and that there was no bubble in 2008, so I think is it fairly secure to ignore him.

I'm not 100% convinced by Krugman in many cases, but I'd say you'd have to be pretty confident in your own economics knowledge and intellect to dismiss him entirely, considering his standing among his - almost by definition also very knowledgable and intelligent - peers.

That's a false dichotomy. I'm certainly not confident in my economics. But I'm confident that betting against Krugman is way safer than the reverse.

Don't agree it's a false dichotomy, but as far as your opinion of Krugman goes, fair enough; it's not one I share, but in a discipline as difficult and loose as economics it can be reasonable to disagree.
          • Re: "... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Joakim via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Rory McGuire via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... deadalnix via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... John Colvin via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re: "... Namal via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Namal via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Namal via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Programming in D... Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d-announce