On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 08:31:13 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:

Nope just no.
I am only talking about newbies here.
They will pick distributions of Python that are all encompassing.

http://winpython.github.io/#overview
When it comes to newbies who come into programming seeing from all of their previous experience that things like GUI toolkit just comes with the language they just don't care if it was provided "extra" by a distribution or by the language itself. Only that they did exactly 0 beyond importing and using it.

I'm sympathetic to this. I still just download Anaconda and not bother with much else.