On 19/03/2016 13:23, kinke wrote:
Hey all,

I'm proud to announce that MSVC is fully supported now for LDC trunk.
Rainer Schuetze has implemented MSVC-compatible exception handling
(available since brand-new LLVM 3.8) for LDC, so that we have fully
working exception chaining now on Win64. Along the way, he also added
32-bit MSVC support and a TLS alignment bugfix for Windows < 8.1 (a
Windows bug/wontfix!). It requires a bleeding edge LLVM though, as
Rainer's work has uncovered a few LLVM bugs which didn't make it into
3.8 final.
So a round of applause for Rainer and the LLVM devs, excellent job,
thank you very much! Full PDB support for LLVM is also underway...

CI testing with AppVeyor has been improved, so that the full test suite
is run for both x86 and x64 MSVC targets. All tests pass except for 3
rather negligible issues (see
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/pull/1354#issuecomment-198572582
for details).

The automatically updated GitHub release
(http://wiki.dlang.org/Latest_LDC_binaries_for_Windows) now also
includes a downloadable 32-bit LDC build.

Wiki pages have been updated accordingly. Check out
http://wiki.dlang.org/Building_and_hacking_LDC_on_Windows_using_MSVC if
you want to start contributing too! Setting up the dev environment isn't
that hard, I promise. :)

Awesome, keep up the good work!

Now, I'm making a note to try again at some point soon to build lldb-mi, and see if it works well with the Eclipse CDT debugger. And more interestingly, if it would work with MSVC executables.

--
Bruno Medeiros
https://twitter.com/brunodomedeiros