On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 21:21:50 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
I was a little confused by something in the main autodecoding thread, so I read your article again. Unfortunately, I don't think my confusion is resolved. I was trying one of your examples (full code I used below). You claim it works, but I keep getting assertion failures. I'm just running it with rdmd on Windows 7.

import std.algorithm : canFind;

void main()
{
        string s = "cassé";

        assert(s.canFind!(x => x == 'é'));
}

Your browser is turning the é in the string into two code points via normalization whereas it should be one. Try using \u00E9 instead.