On 6/2/16 5:21 PM, jmh530 wrote:
On Tuesday, 17 May 2016 at 14:06:37 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:

If you think there should be any more information included in the
article, please let me know so I can add it.

I was a little confused by something in the main autodecoding thread, so
I read your article again. Unfortunately, I don't think my confusion is
resolved. I was trying one of your examples (full code I used below).
You claim it works, but I keep getting assertion failures. I'm just
running it with rdmd on Windows 7.

import std.algorithm : canFind;

void main()
{
    string s = "cassé";

    assert(s.canFind!(x => x == 'é'));
}

If that é above is an e followed by a combining character, then you will
get the error. This is because autodecoding does not auto normalize as
well -- the code points have to match exactly.

-Steve

Indeed. FWIW I just copied OP's code from Thunderbird into Chrome (on OSX) and it worked: https://dpaste.dzfl.pl/09b9188d87a5

Should I assume some normalization occurred on the way?

Andrei