14.06.2016 13:04, ketmar пишет:
On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 07:45:10 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I couldn't agree more. With the D compiler being so fast it's
reasonable to just recompile everything at once instead of trying to
track what's changed.

i'm agree with that. i'm so used to do just "rdmd main.d" in my projects
(ranged from "hello, world" to complex game engines).
I don't agree if you don't mind. I have two almost identical implementation of the same thing in D and C++. And if I rebuild them totally - yes, dmd is faster than gcc:
        dmd        5 secs
        ldmd2      6 secs
        make      40 secs
        make -j10 11 secs

But if I changed several lines only then dmd time doesn't change and gcc takes much less time. In fact digits are small for D, but I feel the difference really. Not big, not bad, but it exists.