On Friday, 10 February 2017 at 20:21:56 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
Hi Craig,

So sorry to hear that this happened. I know very well from working with you last year how much care and attention you put into GSoC, so I can imagine how you must feel right now.

In the circumstances it seems best to focus on: how could we try to stop something like this happening again? One thing that occurs to me is that it might be a good idea for the email address through which the application is submitted to forward to a couple of other people, who could step in should there be an emergency like this (with the principle being, whoever gets such an emergency alert deals with it ASAP, unless they hear that it's dealt with from the other people involved).

What do you think?

Best wishes,

    -- Joe

Joe good point. The first thing I thought after this happened is 'what should I do to prevent this from happening again?' We are supposed to have a backup administrator. I had added an email (for backup admin) to the admin list but while the individual confirmed his interest to me I don't know if he confirmed with Google (they send an invite when you register someone). Perhaps they would have pinged him too had the invite been accepted, but I am not sure, I will ask the Google folks.

In any case, next year I will make sure we have one or two backup admins signed up well ahead of time who could act as a backup for submission even if that was all they had to do.

Cheers

Craig