On Friday, April 07, 2017 08:14:40 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/6680
>
> Yes, this is for real! Symantec has given their permission to relicense
> it. Thank you, Symantec!

Well, this is certainly great news.

Does this make dmd the only compiler that's fully boost-licensed? Usually,
licenses like the GPL or BSD license get used. I don't get the impression
that the boost license is all that common - at least not for actual
programs as opposed to libraries. From what I've seen, the fact that we use
it so heavily in the D community is abnormal, though it's as hassle-free as
you can get with an open source license, which is great.

- Jonathan M Davis