On Monday, 5 June 2017 at 21:35:54 UTC, Seb wrote:

This is a great article, Mike!

Thanks!

At the end I expected a reference to D's great template constraints [1], maybe it's still worth adding sth. like this to show how amazingly useful CTFE is?

It's a good idea! I don't think I'll and change it at this point, though. When I was rewriting the last section, I considered showing two versions of a templated function -- one that uses the validator in a constraint and one that uses it at runtime -- but I worried that would add more noise. The msg pragma and the writeln kept the focus more narrow (which is something that kept coming up in feedback). And at that point, I was ready to be done with it. I worked on that post for a significant chunk of two days.