On Wednesday, 30 August 2017 at 00:29:19 UTC, Parke wrote:
The above D code yields 445,187 bytes when compiled with -release -betterC.
DMD64 D Compiler 2.075.0-b2 on Linux on x86-64.

-betterC does virtually nothing on that version of dmd...

But my original question was about what you (Kagamin) called
"intermediate D". I was trying to understand what "intermediate D" is, and whether or not I could use "intermediate D" (whatever it is)
to produce small(er) executables.

Regular D with a custom runtime library. You can get as small as 3 KB on Linux (though that is a super bare bones hello world).

But note that if you are distributing several executables you might also just use the shared phobos lib too with -defaultlib=libphobos2.so on Linux.
            • Re: ... Suliman via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Basile B. via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Swoorup Joshi via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Jolly James via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Parke via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • Re: ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Parke via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Parke via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Michael V. Franklin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Parke via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Kagamin via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: D as a Better C jmh530 via Digitalmars-d-announce