On 2/26/18 12:51 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
... I just have a built-in, simple, unified syntax: [symbol|alt text] where alt text is optional and symbol is looked up according to D scope rules. (you can also define custom symbols for things like author name links).

I link to the source automatically too, including to the specific line of the correct overload for functions, so no need for macros to do those.

Out of curiosity, what prompted [symbol|alt text] instead of going with the Markdown construct of [alt text][symbol]? I ask because if I'm able to get my Markdown support merged into DDoc, I'd like to support [symbol] and [alt text][symbol] links.