On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 10:38:57 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Monday, 12 March 2018 at 05:02:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Now, I actually understand ranges and am very glad that they're there, but as a D newbie, they were annoying, because they were unfamiliar.

Ranges are D's monads. The only thing missing is the burrito tutorials.

I always thought the best spice in D is UFCS. If only there would be one for local symbols (but that needs either foundation's decision or I need to write my first DIP and do something instead of just crying silently into my sleeve). I really found few usages for that, like using methods of class on data types that stored inside ranges inside that class. Image data being glued to each other in different lists like data in SQL among tables. Not like an show stopper, but after I rewrote part of my application into D - a lot of stuff become so much more elegant and easy to read and maintain. UFCS would help with readability in cases like I had tons.