On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 at 06:36:41 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
On Tuesday, 3 April 2018 at 23:50:24 UTC, Arredondo wrote:
I could not get this to work for me in the past (I'm using Windows 10). I saw this announcement so I decided to try again. After reinstalling code-d I got this in the OUTPUT console:

Installing DCD
Installing into C:\Users\Wulfrick\AppData\Roaming\code-d\bin
> git clone --recursive --depth=1 https://github.com/Hackerpilot/DCD.git DCD
Failed to install DCD
std.process.ProcessException@std\process.d(753): Failed to spawn new process (The system cannot find the file specified.)
0x00384D1F
0x00384AD2
0x00382ADD

It looks like he doesn't have git installed... My extension still assumes you have git and that probably won't change until DCD provides precompiled binaries.

The syntax coloring seems wrong, go to definition doesn't work, and there are no completition suggestions (Ctr+Space just displays "Loading...").

Moreover, the extension is completely SPAMMING the output console, making it pop up constantly with endless messages like:

Yes without DCD many things will not work but formatting, code linting and outline and dub should still work. Loading... should not happen.

I now provide a precompiled DCD for windows, you can download it off the serve-d release page and just extract into %APPDATA%/code-d/bin (where the serve-d.exe is) and it will automatically find it. I am going to release a new release later which does this automatically.