On Thursday, 5 April 2018 at 08:11:39 UTC, Arredondo wrote:
On Wednesday, 4 April 2018 at 09:06:31 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
[...]

I can confirm that it seems to be working for me now. I installed git, downloaded the precompiled binaries and cleared the %APPDATA%/code-d/bin.

I feel like this informations needs to be readily accessible for newcomers, or just people trying out VS Code for the first time. For instance, I could not find anywhere in the Wiki the fact that in Windows, you either need to have git installed, or download some binaries yourself and paste them in a very specific location of your file system.

[...]

don't worry, all fixed and automatic now and release in a second, dcd is now precompiled on windows ^^

Also more helpful error messages if you still compile from source (in case download and install fails)