On Saturday, 7 April 2018 at 18:39:12 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
First beta for the 2.079.1 patch release.

Comes with a handful of fixes.

http://dlang.org/download.html#dmd_beta http://dlang.org/changelog/2.079.1.html

Please report any bugs at https://issues.dlang.org

- -Martin

Available now on homebrew :)

I try to keep homebrew up to date with the latest betas, but the stats show that almost no-one ever downloads them, despite reasonable numbers getting the stable version. See for example https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/24348#issuecomment-367021918 .

I will continue to keep adding the betas for my own use anyway, but please, PLEASE, install the betas and test them, it's so simple, just `brew upgrade dmd --devel`.

You can then switch freely between the beta and the stable versions with `brew switch dmd 2.079.0`, `brew switch dmd 2.079.1-beta.1`.

To inspect what versions you have installed, `brew info dmd`.

To uninstall specific versions, `brew switch` to the relevant version then run `brew uninstall dmd`.

The same steps apply for any other betas on homebrew. I try to keep dmd, dub, ldc, dfix, dfmt and dcd up to date.

If I'm late updating something, you can try nagging me or you can DIY, take a look at https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Apr+dmd for examples of how to submit the update yourself.