On Tuesday, 10 April 2018 at 08:46:55 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
Available now on homebrew :)

Thanks

I try to keep homebrew up to date with the latest betas, but the stats show that almost no-one ever downloads them, despite reasonable numbers getting the stable version. See for example https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/pull/24348#issuecomment-367021918 .

I will continue to keep adding the betas for my own use anyway, but please, PLEASE, install the betas and test them, it's so simple, just `brew upgrade dmd --devel`.

You can then switch freely between the beta and the stable versions with `brew switch dmd 2.079.0`, `brew switch dmd 2.079.1-beta.1`.

And for all other supported platforms but Windows, just use

    curl -fsS https://dlang.org/install.sh | bash -s dmd-beta

to unpack the beta to ~/dlang, and

    source ~/dlang/dmd-2.079.1-beta.1/activate

to use the beta compiler.