On Saturday, 9 June 2018 at 00:54:08 UTC, Kapps wrote:

Personally I think the fear of Microsoft ruining GitHub is completely unfounded. Just look at what they did to Xamarin. They bought an interesting product and then made it free for individuals, open sourced it, and improved it drastically. And they sure do hate Linux nowadays with dotnet CORE being partially to improve Linux / cross-platform support.

These days, I don't think the "evil" of MS is the thing to be concerned about. I'm more concerned about unpredictably and unreliability. The potential for mess-ups or mind-changing or other surprises down the road. Not that it necessarily WILL happen, but I think being MS its worth being prepared, just in case.