On 6/14/18 9:31 AM, rikki cattermole wrote:
It's really the impersonation that is the problem, not the anonymity. If you just would stick to one persona, and especially not impersonate people who actually post on this forum, you would not have to use Tor at all, and the forum moderators wouldn't have to worry about active moderation.

Not quite. It was the attacking of the D community at large which convinced those with the power to actively ban, to ban "him".

Well, for me, it wasn't attacks. There have been quite a few people in this community who were rude, insulting, and IMO, that is not worth moderation. In fact some of them have even came around and become quite good D contributors. Those problems usually work themselves out because we have a great community which does not give trolls the attention they desire.

But when you start impersonating people, especially ones that post to this forum, you have crossed the line and are literally putting words into other's mouths. We've seen this before, and generally they go away, but this guy does not want to.

Now he's claiming "discrimination" ;)

Once they are gone, we can deactivate the extra protections that have been put in place, because until this person came along, we were quite happy moderating ourselves. It lasted nearly 20 years that peace...

I agree, this will be a blip in our forum experience, and next month we'll barely remember him.

-Steve