On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 19:42:56 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 17:09:44 UTC, JN wrote:
On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 08:43:34 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:
Once Crystal integrates parallelism (at 1.0), it should become de facto one of the best alternative to Go, Java, C#, etc, because it's actually "Go-made-right". For instance it's genericity system works well, and its type inference system natively support union types.

Except it has no Windows support and doesn't look like it will happen anytime soon. Some people might be living in a UNIX bubble, but Windows is a big market, and a language won't make it big without Windows support.

Right :)

But remember that Crystal is still in its infancy, as it hasn't reached its 1.0 version yet.

Parallelism is on its way, and Windows support too...

Don't forget that nowadays many (can I say most ?) servers are based on unix variants, so their platform support order looks perfectly fine and logical to me.

Actually a large share of servers run Windows Server and/or Azure servers running Windows too.

It's not logical to not support both.

D already has that advantage supporting pretty much every platform you can think of.