On Friday, 29 June 2018 at 20:13:07 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:

Have a look at Crystal's Github project, you will see that Crystal, still in development and quite far from its 1.0 mile version (= despite no parallism and windows support, etc) ALREADY has 11206 stars, 881 forks and 292 contributors :

https://github.com/crystal-lang/crystal

Not bad for a language in its 0.25 version and first released in June 2014 (4 years), especially compared to D in its 2.0 version and first released in December 2001 (16 years), whose official compiler has 1806 stars, 452 forks and 168 contributors :

https://github.com/dlang/dmd

If those numbers means anything, I think its that Crystal is probably getting popularity much quicker than D, and honestly, after having tried it, I think it's really deserved, even if I agree that there are still many things that remain to be implemented before it's really ready for an official "production-ready" 1.0 release.

Do you by chance work as a manager? Managers like comparisons that involve one number, with a higher number being better. I don't know what can be learned about D from that comparison and I don't think anyone else does either.