On Friday, 26 October 2018 at 05:47:05 UTC, Neia Neutuladh wrote:
On Fri, 26 Oct 2018 02:38:08 +0000, Joakim wrote:
As with D, sometimes the new _is_ better, so perhaps you shouldn't assume old is better either.

There's no assuming going on. Cryptocurrencies are worse than credit cards for everything that normal people care about,

Such as? I already noted that they're easier and cheaper, you simply flatly state that "normal people" find them worse.

and they're better than credit cards for illegal transactions.

Yes, just like cash, and have other benefits that come with cash too.

This might eventually change, and we can re-evaluate then.

If for some reason cryptocurrencies become popular and sufficiently stable to be used as currency, I have no doubt that existing credit card companies will start offering automatic currency exchange, so you can have an account in USD and pay a vendor who accepts only Ethereum, or vice versa. As such, accepting credit card payments is good enough.

I don't know what we'd be waiting for, the tokens I mentioned are all worth billions and widely used, particularly by techies:

https://coinmarketcap.com

Why would I wait for antiquated credit-card companies to accept these tokens? The whole point of these new tokens is to obsolete the credit card companies.