On Wednesday, 7 November 2018 at 00:01:13 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 11/6/2018 3:00 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
What sort of refactoring are we looking at? Any low-hanging fruit here
that we non-compiler-experts can chip away at?

Simply going with foreach loops is a nice improvement.

Thas sounds like a job that I can do. At this moment I am reading DMD source code starting from main() because when I tried to understand part of something I wanted to change it felt that to understand something you basically need to understand a third of compiler.

One of biggest and needless hurdle I face in reading DMD code is single letter variable name. If I change one letter variable names to more descriptive ones would that patch be welcomed or considered needless change?