On 12/23/2018 3:40 PM, Rubn wrote:
I'll take that to assume you aren't paying for your own ticket, your own hotel expenses, etc. I wonder if you would feel differently about this if you had to pay for all these out of your own pocket.

I paid my own expenses for DConf. So did many of the speakers (or the company they worked for).

> I can only imagine what else could improve with those additional funds.

Many people have donated generously to the D Foundation. The tickets sales do not cover the entire cost of the conference, the rest is made up for by the Foundation and the sponsor(s). We've kept the ticket prices low to enable more people to come. If there were profits, they'd accrue to the D Foundation, not me.

If you have specific things you want funded, you can donate with the proviso that the donation go to that thing.